This is how looking for love was described to me today. A certain male friend of mine (oddly one I haven't dated / slept with / snogged - and he's straight - a rarity), said that looking for the "one" was like when you are buying a new car. You search and search for the perfect model; you check under the bonnet, and give it a test drive to be sure. (At this point my mind figured he meant sex, but in hindsight he is a good boy - and I think by "test drive" we are talking about dinner). So, you think, "yep, this is it, this is the car for me - it drives well, looks good, and previous ownership seems none too scary". But, after a few more outings, you realise the gear stick jams, the lights are dodgy, and instead of the windscreen wipers coming on, your horn goes. (Hello sailor). And so, you start again. Until one day....it turns out that the car you have found is perfect; a one off; and it passes its MOT and you live happily ever after.
Well, as weird as my man sounded, I have to say, he has a point. I also like the idea of having a car magazine for men - can you imagine? "This reliable 30yr old man passes full fitness by regular outings to the gym, has a good memory store for special occasions, but won't take you out when Man Utd are playing. 4 previous owners - 3 careful and one mad when she found out that he was seeing number 4 at the same time as her. Drowsy when given too much beer."
So the point of this entry, is to say that my car would be the following...a classic one off, but reliable. The speed to keep me interested, and the heating to keep me warm. I was told by the good boy that no such car or man exists. I disagree, but thats because I come from the Bridget Jones / Ally McBeal (oops - showing the age there) school of love - there is someone out there for everyone, and I will find my classic motor, oh yes, I will.....
Sunday, 3 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment